Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Bush Vows Locals Will Lead Gulf Rebuilding


Look, Georgie plays construction with the big boys!
How cute he looks playing with his hammer.

Bush Vows Locals Will Lead Gulf Rebuilding

President Bush pledged Tuesday that the federal government will not seek to dictate terms for rebuilding the hurricane-devastated Gulf Coast but will instead allow state and local officials to make the key decisions. He rejoiced in what he said is a spirit of revival there.

Really, now?

I wonder how they would respond to the question of WHY George suspended the Davis Bacon Act of 1931 that requires federal contractors to pay prevailing wages??

I've written about this before, and no pun intended, I'm going to keep hammering on it.
And on the fact that Homeland is not applying sanctions to companies hiring people that cannot prove their right to work in the US.
I know not that many people read my ramblings, but I hope those that do will pass this on.
Over at Sound Destruction, there's ANOTHER small rant on Georgie.
Gee, I can't imagine why..


5 comments:

Sar said...

Another photo op or destiny calling?

Agent 31 said...

Why? Because they gave all of the rebuilding contracts to their friends, that's why. And, not only are their friends raking in all the padded FEMA dough, but they get to cut corners by lowballing the workers on their wages. So... the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

And yet, still see fit to vote for him?

Mike V. said...

don't look at me, maine, I didn't vote for the asshole..

SheaNC said...

"I know not that many people read my ramblings, but I hope those that do will pass this on."

I will!

Mike V. said...

good catch, Via. thanks for posting to my site for the first time.
hope to see you back.