Monday, July 06, 2009

[F]unemployment Photos

So I took the day off during the week before the 4th and headed down to Mission Beach to check out the rides and take photos. You may click on any of them to see a larger version in a new window.
The weather was warm, changing back and forth from gray to clear the whole time as is usually the case along the coast.
I also made time to get a burger and a glass of beer which really only makes the most sense. I also learned a hell of a good recipe from the bartender for a bloody mary that I'll have to try.
Here we see the Chaos ride at Belmont. No, I did NOT get on that thing.
I'm fine with roller coasters and what have you, but these contraptions that spin like that.. no thanks. Breakfast on me! And you sitting next to me.




Mission Beach is an interesting part of the city.
It's very popular with the tourists because it's a huge beach, there's Belmont Park and the long, long promenade(?) that runs the entire length of the beach for walking, bike riding, skateboarding, etc..
For some reason, it also seems to draw a fair amount of losers and tough guys with other assorted weirdos and nutcases. No idea why.. Meth-heads and Raider fans. That's one way to look at it.
Ocean Beach is meth-heads and smelly hippies. I'll take that over the other if I have to choose.
But check out the hibiscus painting on the electric thingie. That's pretty cool.


I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend.
We bbq'd, went to a party, had some family over and just relaxed for the most part.
I also spent a couple of days trying to wrap my brain around the idea that poor Sarah Palin won't be around to kick around anymore. Oh, the horror.
Did anyone read the transcript from her rambling resignation? I'm still trying to figure out what the hell she was going on about. That was very bizarre.





One more photo to close it out. You can see them all here should you like to have a look.
Note, these are not real California license plates. Real ones are made in prison and are boring.
They should come up with a new design. We've had those old white plates for a really long time now, time for something new.

Enjoy the week, get some summer sun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have given a beautiful account. I loved reading it. Keep sharing!

This is Joshua from Israeli Uncensored News

Mike V. said...

Thank you for the kind words.