Wednesday, December 28, 2005

How did Santa treat you this year?




My wife got me some very cool things.
Here's a couple:

The new director's cut of Amadeus.
This is one of my all time favorite movies and I'm so glad I waited and now have this copy on DVD.
One of the greatest movies of the latter 20th century.
Perfect story, acting, costumes, everything.
Must have for any library.



I also got a much needed "personal groomer" from Conair. It's some cruel joke played on us by God as we get older. Man. Your hair on the top of your head starts thinning and the hair in your nose and ears starts getting thick. What's up with that??





For the car, I got a new Sirius radio and the service.
Can't wait to listen to Howard Stern in the morning and all the cool music, news and talk channels on my commute to and from work. Totally cool!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Holiday with their family and friends!


5 comments:

Sar said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas though so didn't need to hear about the male growth curse behind the personal groomer. :P

tobymarx said...

Argh, nose and ear hair, the curse of growing old...
"Amadeus" is one of my all-time favorite films, too. Another one is David Lynch's "The Elephant Man".
Expect an email this weekend with info re: your (horribly late!) Christmas present.
Do you think GWB idolizes Eric Cartman?

Mike V. said...

You know, I have never seen The Elephant Man. Not sure why.
Lynch is an odd guy, man. I like his movies in general, but I can't make it through Blue Velvet, for instance.

Anonymous said...

nose hair & david lynch... so random

Anonymous said...

Amadeus is an awesome movie. I love Mozart! If I should ever start a DVD collection, that will be in there.