Saturday, December 03, 2005

Favorite Album(s) of 2005?


Maybe it was something you bought that didn't even come out in 2005.
I have a couple that fit that category.

In fact, I just bought the remastered w/extras version of Rocket to Russia.
I can't believe how good it sounds!

Of their 4 earliest records, this is the best one, in my opinion.

After I saw The Life Aquatic, I bought the soundtrack.

It's really good, and has all the full length versions of the Bowie songs sung in Portuguese by Seu Jorge.

He does them all acoustic. Think you might not like to hear Rock 'N Roll Suicide with only a guitar and a guy singing in Portuguese? Think again.



I'll get this one out of the way.
I don't give a crap what hipster and others have to say about Green Day selling out and all that.
American Idiot is one of the best rock albums I have ever listened to.

The long version of Jesus of Suburbia and St. Jimmy are worth the price of admission alone.



Next on the list is the long-awaited new album from Social Distortion.

Sex, Love, Rock 'n' Roll is their best work since Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell.
Short, to the point and for these boys, pretty damn upbeat (feeling).

If you have never seen them live, I suggest you do so.
Though you may have to wait, I think they are just about through for a while after January.
I'm going to miss them in San Diego in Jan. as a matter of fact because I will be out of town.

5 comments:

Sar said...

Now why am I not surprised to see Social Distortion here? ;)

I'm with you - American Idiot rocks. Wake Me Up When September Ends is one of my current fav songs.

Anhoni Patel said...

I love Seu Jorge. He made the movie for me. It's so interesting when an otherwise unacoustic song is remade into one - the lyrics really pop out at you.

Jay said...

Fuck the Green Day haters.

I saw them in concert about a month ago, and they tore Portland a new one. This is definitely one of their best albums.

Mike V. said...

Yea, it's been years since I have seen them live, but they are awesome.
Put on a really good show, even though Tre Cool is a seriously lame name.. :)

LA said...

I'm totally with you on Green Day. I saw then in October at Home Depot Center. My ears bled for a week, but in a good way. It was a great show full of "fuck yous" to George W. Bush, both overt and covert.