Friday, November 18, 2005

So, in this time of thanks and giving



We're all sitting pretty well in the grand scheme of things, I bet.
If you are reading this, you at the least have access to the Internets, probably at your house, which means a computer. And a roof and food in the fridge.

In the coming week, we are all going to be so busy getting ready for whatever it is that we'll be doing, that we sometimes overlook those that might need a little something to be thankful for.

I know there's a lot of talk about "donor fatigue" because of hurricanes and tsunamis, but just a little bit out of your pocket right about now probably won't kill ya.

Being from the Bay Area, I'm going to send some money towards a charity drive that my favorite newstalk station has once a year.
ALL of the money goes to Sacred Heart in San Jose, St. Anthony's in San Francisco, St. Vincent De Paul in Oakland and Fresh Start of Walnut Creek and they do wonderful work.

I bet you have a place that's a favorite of your's in your town or your state.
Write a check, go to their website, or call and ask what they might need.

I'm sure I'll have lots to say before, but I wish anyone that clicks through here the best these coming Holidays.

No comments: